Monday, May 08, 2006

The power of words... I'm blogging a bit early this morning because I woke up a bit early to someone knocking on their bedroom door with pleas of "I have to go potty." Funny how those words really put a little boogy into your woogy!!! Anyway...

We had a good day, mostly around home yesterday. Olivia had spent Saturday night at Savannah's house. It was a spur of the moment invitation, and reminded me a lot of the spontaneous sleepovers I had as a child with my cousins. She had a very good time. I had to make her spend some time at home with us on Sunday before she went out to play with Savannah again!! I'm just a mean old mom, aren't I? But we did get to play a game of Scrabble Junior that I had gotten at a garage sale last weekend. It was quite old - we opened the box to find another board included - I think it was the original version of Monoply and some wooden hotels to go with it. I can't remember the name of it, but we did have fun playing "scramble", and Olivia whooped up on me pretty good. Then she went out to play Savannah, and they invited her to join them for dinner at Brown Bottle. Chris and I both agreed that WE want to be Savannah's friend!!

In other less exciting news, I got the lawn mowed. I can't believe that we're into the continuous mowing cycle already. Elliott and I made a pineapple/angel food cake. She loved snacking on the pineapple, but wasn't fond of the cake when it was done. Then homework and tucking and Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy for me :) My guilty pleasures. I enjoy desperate housewives, but I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. I like the themes and the music and how they put the whole show together. Good stuff man...

Have a great Monday :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did Chris have to KNOCK on the bedroom door to announce his bathroom needs?

Sign me up -- I wanna be Savannah's friend too -- i love the coloring books at Brown Bottle.