The fries are simple, but they are not a last minuet item. I just cut a potato in half then into 1/4" strips, Then cut the strips so that I have tators that are 1/4" by 1/4" by random lengths. I then soak them in a bowl of salt water for 15-25 minutes to remove some of the starch. Drain and pat dry. I then coat with olive oil and spread on a cookie sheet. From there go nuts. I like Parmesan cheese, pepper, and seasoning salt on mine. We usually do a section for the kids and the rest for the adults that has some kick to it. I bake them in the oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes, smaller batches take less time in the toaster oven. I say the crispier the better, but suit yourself.
I have also followed this with wedges and had good luck. remove them five minutes early and top with cheese and bacon bits, then dip in sour cream!!
Its up to you, the soaking helps, and the oil gets them crispy. I'll be ready for you to tell me how the tex mex fries go together pretty soon.
Enjoy your week!
Monday, May 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment