Tuesday, May 30, 2006

School's out for summer!!!! Today's blog is being brought to you by the letter O - otherwise known as Olivia :)

Today is the last day of school!!!!! (Now my mom is going to type for me) Today we watched a movie. We had a lot of activities. Today at school we had a sack lunch. It had a deli sandwich, baby carrots, trail mix and an apple. It was good. I brought home some things from lunch. I also brought home my gym shoes and things from my desk.

I liked first grade, I also really liked my teacher Mrs. Schaaf. I will miss my teacher and my room, but I am excited to start second grade in the fall, but during the summer I like to go swimming and see my old friends at daycare. I also want to go to summer camp. I also go to swimming lessons. I'm looking forward to going to Papa Perry and Grandma Deb's cabin too.

(Back to mom now...) These are some of the comments from Olivia's report card...

Olivia is very considerate of others. She has never made anyone feel bad. She does like to talk to her neighbors, but all I have to do is to remind her to be quiet.

I have seen a lot of growth in Olivia's writing skills this year. I am very pleased with her progress. Encourage her to keep a diary or journal this summer so she can keep improving her skills.

Olivia has developed some very important work habits. She is well on her way to having success in all her school years.

Olivia has done an outstanding job studying her math cards! That has really paid off.

Olivia possesses a lot of insight on the material we have covered. She is really a deep thinker!

Olivia is a natural born reader! There's no doubt about it! She reads very well above her grade level. I know Olivia will continue to read during the summer! Also encourage her to practice writing. This can be in the form of letters, journal, diary, etc.

Promoted to second grade.

Congratulations Olivia - we are very proud of you :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Olivia,
Congratulations on completing FIRST GRADE. What a wonderful report card. Your teacher thinks you did very well. I'm proud of you and look forward to hearing about SECOND GRADE this fall.
Carol