Monday, May 22, 2006

Hot dang and hallelujah!!! Olivia is riding her bike :) It just goes to prove that a little bribery does go a long way. No, it wasn't just the bribery, but it did keep her going when she otherwise would have given up. She's worked with Chris before, and yesterday was my turn to help her - which was interesting as Elliott seemed intent on holding one of my hands while I was helping Olivia with the other. I am just so proud of her. We went all the way around the block. Not without stopping lots of times, but still, we made it all the way around the block!!!!!

All in all, it was a pretty quiet weekend around the Waller house. We went to lunch and shopping on Saturday. Olivia got to take her friend Savannah with us. They had a grand time. Then we had the Nissen's over for dinner. Brian brought some really fine smoked pork and Lisa provided us with ice cream cone cupcakes. Yum!!!

Yesterday was devoted to bike learning, truck washing and friend playing. I even got to do some reading while Elliott was napping and Olivia and Savannah were playing in the basement. They went downstairs because there was a spider on the porch, and then they came up because the basement was haunted. I heard Olivia exclaiming, "don't tell my mom, she'll scream!!" I didn't know I was quite so dramatic....

Today had a rough start. It was a pee on the knee kind of morning. Elliott woke up with a dry pull-up, but then didn't want to sit on the potty. So, she got to spend some time in her room. I went to get her out of her room, opened the door, kneeled down - so I could be on her level - in pee. Yeah, that was nice. God I love potty training. Just for the record - she's all Chris. Except for the cute dimples!!! That's all me :) Okay - y'all can stop laughing out loud now!!!

No comments: