I can't believe it's the last day of vacation!! Where did our week go? I'm not sure, but it has been a lot of fun, I think I could get used to it :)
On Wednesday we invited Savannah to join us for an outing to Chuck E. Cheese. The girls had a great time playing all of the games and riding the little rides. They didn't even much mind stopping to eat pizza. Pepperoni and black olives was their pizza of choice, except for Elliott - she's not a Waller or a Pothoff - she doesn't like any kind of olives. Elliott and I had a great time playing ski ball. She would roll a ball, and then when it rolled back down the slope, I would get to roll it. It worked out quite well.
I also had a treat on Wednesday, my friend Kevin from highschool joined Jackie and I for girl's night. We reassured him that he wouldn't have to wear a dress, so he drove up from North Liberty to join us for dinner and drinks. We haven't seen him since we were seventeen, so it was a lot of fun to catch up.
On Thursday I got to see another dear friend, the girls and I drove to Osage to spend the afternoon with my friend Cindy and her kids Kala and Lucas. They took us to the pool in St. Ansgar. St. Ansgar is about ten minutes away from Osage, and it's where Cindy grew up. The pool is 3 or 4 years old and has a nice slide and a great kids area. It may not have been as big as the Falls in CF, but it was just as much fun, maybe even more fun because it wasn't nearly as crowded. Both girls really loved the slide. I'm constantly amazed by how much of a daredevil Elliott is and how much she loves the water. She really wanted to go down the waterslide by herself!!
After our trip to Osage, we stopped at Walmart to get dinner for the girls and pick up a few things. We were completely out of ranch dressing. Anyone who knows my girls knows how dire of a situation that is. Thursday is kids night at the little restaraunt area in Walmart. They had all sorts of goodies for the girls. They had dinner and ice cream, and got cups of goldfish crackers and candy. They also got to play a game with the "chance" to win a gold fish. There was another boy playing at the same time as O and E, and can you believe that they all won a gold fish!!! That's the game of "chance" I want to play - but not for a gold fish. They were very excited to be able to pick out Scooby and Lucky. I was not nearly as excited to have to push a cart with two little fish bowls sloshing in the front of it. You never realize how bumpy the floors are until you're trying to save two little fishes from tragedy - with a two year old in the cart "helping". We did okay, and made a trip to the storage section of the store where we picked out a little cd/dvd crate for a dollar that helped the fish make the trip home intact. Fortunately we still have fish food from Velma and Daphne, so our free fish only cost us a dollar. Unfortunately, on the way back from Osage, I caught a rock to windshield of my car. Not good, but what can you do. I decided that I could be mad or upset about it, but it really wouldn't change the reality of it, so why bother. I have called the repair place and am waiting for a call back. Hopefully it will be something that they can fill and I won't have to replace the whole windshield, but I'm not sure.
Today has been relatively quiet for us. We spent time wrapping presents - wedding gifts for Sarah, birthday gifts for Kayla and Gillian. We started the laundry, and now O is upstairs playing with Savannah and Elliott is down with me watching - what else - Scooby Doo! Olivia has a dentist appointment this afternoon and then I have rehearsal for Sarah's wedding tonight. Tomorrow is the parade for Janesville Days - good chance for the kids to restock their candy drawer to last them until Halloween - or next year!! Sunday is Kayla's eighth birthday party and Sarah's wedding. I may be ready to go back to work on Monday after all :)
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment