Behold - the power of the muffin!!! I've found that freshly baked (note, I did not say freshly prepared - gotta love Jiffy) muffins really motivate my girls in the morning! Poor Olivia didn't want to get out of bed this morning - I think it's the first time I've had her ask me to sleep just a little more.
It's been a good week. My niece, Ms. M, started kindergarten this week. My sister in-law sent pictures of Morgan getting on the bus, and in her classroom, her teacher, and getting off of the bus. That was great, I felt like we got to be a part of such a big event in her life. It brought back all of my memories of O's first day of school. I shed some tears, not because I wasn't ready for her to go to school, or thought she wasn't ready - it was just that I had this huge sense that time was really going to fly once she started school. One day I'd be packing her backpack, and the next we'd be buying her prom dress. Okay, so I may have been a little melodramatic, but time sure has seemed to fly. I can't believe that she starts second grade next week! I'm just forwarning everyone that Elliott starting kindergarten is really going to get my sentimental side going!
It's been a busy week at work. We're getting into the big travel season - a lot of workshops and conferences are scheduled in the spring and fall. I actually get to go to one this fall - I'm so excited - I get to go to SanDiego in October. We have a whole group going - which is nice, I've never flown before, so it will be good to have a bunch of seasoned travelers with me. So - back to my original point - work has been busy. Not bad - but busy - busy almost to the point of give me a paper bag to breathe in - but this too shall pass.
The days are getting shorter. I love fall, but I'm struck this year with a sadness about summer ending. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it was the vacation and the pure enjoyment of some summertime activities. Que sera...
Have a fabulous Friday :)
Friday, August 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment