Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Boy, I could really get used to this sleeping in stuff :) :) :) The girls and I had a great day yesterday. We went to Burger King in the mall for lunch and then walked accross to the Claire's store to find out information about getting her ears pierced. The woman who was working said that they can pierce both ears at the same time as long as they have two people working, and she explained all about how long it takes for them to heal, and what Olivia will have to do the keep them clean. She still seems interested...

After that we went to the new pool in Cedar Falls. It was a lot of fun - like the water park, but on a smaller scale - which was just perfect for us. We had fun in the kids pool - they have a dumping bucket like Grand Harbor, and it was a hoot to hear Elliott squeal when it dumped. They also had floating alligators in the little bit deeper section and Olivia had a good time venturing that way and climbing on board the alligators.

We spent some time on the lazy river. It was nice, but unfortunately, not very lazy for me. The kids have to be five years old and however many inches to go on their own. So I had to walk with Elliott as she rode in the small kids tube. It was still fun, but not quite as lazy. One perk though was that I could steer the girls into the water features :) Not that I would do that... much...

We had a snack in the snack bar. All of the decadent choices, and Elliott chose a tootsie roll. She's a die hard tootsie girl. Olivia did share some of her shaved ice with her too - so I guess she got the best of both worlds. What a nice big sissie!

Then we went into the big pool. We didn't go far from the edge, but the girls really liked it. Olivia worked on what she learned in swimming lessons accompanied by a steady stream of "Mom, watch this"'s. I was almost convinced that I could have let Elliott go and she would have swam off. She seems to have a natural coordination in the water.

After we got home, we went on a bike ride around town and to steep slide park. We had a mishap as we were getting ready to leave the park. I was buckling Elliott into the trailer when I heard a scream. Olivia, who had just been standing there on her bike had toppled over. She scraped her hand. Not terribly - but there was blood. Anyone with kids (and most of us adults if we tell the truth) knows that the sight of blood immediately makes it a life threatening injury. And she still had to ride home. Oh the trauma. I'm happy to report though that she will live!

No comments: