Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I always think that I'm going to have more time in the morning to post than I actually ever do. If I were smart, I would get up earlier - but I DO SO love to sleep!!

We had a great long weekend. The girls and I went to see Shrek 3. It was quite a good movie - and the real milestone was that we didn't have to get up to go potty at all during the movie!!! Woo-hoo!!!

We went to the big city to get prices on siding materials. I am anxious to get the siding started as I know that it's going to be a summer-long project.

Brian, Lisa, Kayla and Dillon came over to grill out on Monday. The kids (including Brian and Chris) enjoyed a water balloon fight. They had a great time loping water balloons over the fence and up into Savannah's tree house. The girls put up a good fight though!

Elliott came home from Grandma and Papa's last night, disappointed to find that her dad was not home. I explained that he was on his bike ride. She looked at me with her sad little face and said, but I wanted to say goodnight to him, he's my best friend... Talk about the sweetest thing ever. Of course I had to call him on his cell phone so she could say goodnight.

Funny how it wasn't quite so sweet when I went into her bedroom at 9:15 to tell her that she needed to be quiet and go to sleep. I had tucked her in at 8:00 and she was still jabbering away. She said that she was waiting to get a daddy snuggle. I told her that an extra mommy snuggle would have to suffice. It's no wonder she's such a bear to get up in the morning!!!

Well, time to get the posse on the road!! Happy last hump day to my Dad, who will be retiring at the end of the month. Make sure you get the most out of it - wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;)

No comments: