It was a lovely, although somewhat rainy weekend. Wine and Tulips was great fun as usual. One of these years Ben and Breezie, and Jackie and Jamie are going to be able to join us and it will be even more fun. I love to watch the people, and drinking the wine is not bad either.
On Sunday we went to the garden center to pick out plants for our garden and flowers for the patio. We picke
d out tomatoes (big and little), green peppers, and onions for the garden. The girls wanted to try growing strawberries, so we picked out a few strawberry plants. I think Chris may be regretting that decision after doing a bit of research about growing strawberries. Sounds like a lot of work. I hope they're good strawberries!!! Olivia helped Chris re-pot the flowers into the patio pots. He said that she was a natural at it. It's good to know we have at least one girl in the house with a green thumb. It certainly isn't me!!!
Elliott has been making us chuckle with her vocabulary lately. It's just funny to hear a three year old use words like unspeakable, seriously, and obviously in conversation. She's a riot - the teachers at her preschool comment about how fun it is to listen to her tell stories. We really like the ones she tells about when she and Olivia were babies.
Olivia is a reader.
No surprise there - she is finishing up third grade reading while in second grade. But not only is she good at it - she loves to do it. I had to tell her three times to put down her book this morning to eat breakfast. I love that enjoys it so much - she certainly comes from a family of readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment