Friday, May 04, 2007

Our family has grown! Temporarily, that is. Jackie and Jamie's dogs - Speckles and Griffin have come to spend some time with us while the J's travel to her cousin's wedding in one of the Carolinas. Speckles is showing her age - I reminded Chris that I have known Speckles longer than I have known him - but she is a sweetheart!! Little Gigi (he's a chi) does quite well, but you can tell that he's always worried about being squished when he's here. Relax Gi - we'll take good care of you. We may lose you in the yard, but we'll take good care of you.

We discovered on Wednesday night when I went to mow that the mower was not working. It will start, but it won't keep running. All the rain that we've had and a non-working mower is a bad combination!! Like I said, there's a good chance that we may lose Griffin in the yard. The grass was up to his chest this morning. And it sounds like we're in for rain and thunderstorms today. Does anyone have a bailor?

My little girl is growing up! With the end of the preschool year, they've asked the kids to bring in baby pictures so they can talk about how much they've grown up. In searching for a baby picture, I found a whole envelope of Elliott's baby pictures that I had never cut up and distributed. And they were the cutest baby pictures in the world - really, the cutest. Naked baby in the flowers - chubby little legs up in the air, grabbing her feet, naked baby in the bathtub, naked baby with the angel wings. Dang - I'm a bad mom!!!! I know that I've distributed some pictures better than others, but I hope that this is the only set that I've missed altogether. So - if any of you receive baby pictures in the mail - it's not that we've had another Waller baby - it's just that three years later, I've finally got around to sending out those adorable Elliott photos!!!

Speaking of growing up - Elliott has decided that she's going to go potty all by herself when she wakes up at night. The first night, she only woke me up when she needed help getting her jammies back up. That was my fault - shouldn't have gone with the blanket sleeper - it's too difficult to maneuver in and out of. Last night she was successful!!! Big girl!!!

Olivia had show and tell this week. They haven't had show and tell since kindergarten. It was quite the challenge to come up with something that was special enough to take. She finally decided to take the house she built with Grandma Katie the last time she came to visit. It's made out of about a million foam pieces that they had to punch out and put together. It took a lot of patience and creativity, and it was a great choice for show and tell!

Happy Friday :)

No comments: