Monday, December 18, 2006

We had a very nice weekend. It included a visit from my friends Karen and Carol on Friday night. Such a treat, we rarely have visitors. Saturday we baked cookies and watched a family movie that Olivia picked out at the library. On Sunday we cleaned and wrapped and made snowflakes. Of course, we also watched the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Oh - and I almost forgot - I got groceries on Saturday. The task that I put off too long and dread too much. It's a little embarrassing when they have to use two carts to load your stuff into when they're checking you out. But it's so good to have done.

Jackie and I were inspired by Karin's (a friend of Chris) Christmas letter. She wrote that in the past year she had made it a goal to read more. She reported that she had read 41 books over the course of the year. We thought that reading more would be a resolution that we could keep, so we've decided to make that our resolution and keep track of how many books we read in 2007. I wonder if Jackie will let me count kids books.... Olivia and I did just finish reading Little Women. I don't remember reading that when I was younger. I don't know who enjoyed it more. She's started Charlotte's Web now, and will be going with her class to see the new movie today. Very exciting stuff :)

1 comment:

MomOf4Yahoo said...

I like the book idea too! I am not sure if I can top 41, but I am willing to try! Please pass any good titles to me! :) Dani