Tuesday, December 12, 2006


We had a great Waller family Christmas in Bloomington, MN over the weekend. The girls really enjoyed the visiting and the swimming in the hotel pool. I was able to visit the Swedish Institute with the adult girls. They had it all decorated for the holidays - it was truly beautiful. The wood carvings - both in the furniture and the moldings were just unbelievable. I think a person could stay there all day and continue to find new amazing details the longer that they looked.

We tried to go to Macy's for the Mary Poppins display. Apparently everyone else in the cities had that same idea. When we got there, they were estimating an hour and forty-five minutes of wait time. I think we made it through about 45 minutes before Elliott started to melt. We had woken her up from her nap to join us on this venture and she was not at all pleased about it. She only wanted me to hold her, and let me tell you - she is not light - I think she's about 33 pounds, and it was quite warm. Come to think of it - maybe I was the one who was melting...

Well - after that we went down to the food court and got the kids a little something something, and then headed out to get our spots for the Holidazzle parade. It was the most perfect night for it ever, and the parade was really neat. Mary knew the perfect spot for us to be so we didn't have to wait in between floats as they got stopped by traffic lights further down the route.

The girls got the best gifts from Papa Perry and Grandma Deb. Olivia got a portable cd player with a radio - she thought she was so cool when she got to listen to it in the car on the way home. She also got nail polish and a twister game. Elliott received a miniature bobby (Barbie) and castle and soft snuggly Dora pajamas. Olivia was very anxious to help Elliott play with her bobby!!

Overall, a very nice weekend. The girls and I baked cookies on Sunday night, and last night was Olivia's Christmas program at school. Roger remembered that last year we were trudging through snow as we walked to school. This year I was comfortable for the misty walk in a light spring jacket, and the only snowmen we passed were the chalk drawings in our driveway! I love it!!!

No comments: