Friday, December 15, 2006
It is a picture that I hope to keep in my head for many years. Olivia wanted to have her hair braided after her shower last night, so of course, Elliott wanted to have hers braided too. I gave them each two braids while they sat in front of me on my bed. After we were done with the braiding, they both laid down on their tummies on my bed to watch tv, their heads resting in their hands. The sight from behind of my two girls with their braids, the big sister and the little sister in their jammies just really made me smile. It could have been the fact that no one was screaming that "she started it" or "it's mine", or that they looked like twins separated by a few years - but whatever it was, it touched a place in my heart. If I would have had the camera I would have tried to capture it, but I knew that by the time I got the camera, the moment would be gone. So this will be one of many snapshots that I keep in my mind :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I got goosebumps reading this. That sister bond is so special! :) Dani
Post a Comment