It has been another busy week, although I guess I say that every week. Working full time with children, I should just expect that it's going to be busy. Must be like the weather, I still feel the need to comment on it.
Sounds like my folks had a good trip to Austin, Texas to visit my brother and sister in-law and their family. Dani sent pictures of the kids all dressed up and trick or treating. It was so amusing to see the difference - some of the kids had shirts under their costumes, but not a one of them had a winter coat on!!! Dani reported that the high temperature on Halloween day was 87 degrees - but they had a cold front move through, so trick or treat temperatures were only about 70 degrees. Wow!!! As a kid, I would have killed for temperatures like that to trick or treat in - just think of all the costume options that opens up... I guess there are some advantages to living in the south - but I still wish they were closer!!
Olivia was my junior witch this year, and Elliott was a bumble bee. The girls both had multiple layers beneath their costumes, and they trick or treated for about a block with Chris. Olivia has always been much more keen on handing out candy and seeing all of the kids that come to the door. We were able to help with Olivia's class Halloween party again this year, along with Gillian's mom. I am so impressed with her teacher, Mrs. Epley. Granted, they only have 12 kids in the class, but she is completely in control of what's going on, and not in an authoritarian way - just a really confident, good way.
I can't believe that it's already November. Soon the snow will start to fly and the mad scramble to find matching mittens in the morning will be on.
We've been laughing a lot lately at the comic Baby Blues. They have had a series on dinner table olympics that has truly hit home. Funny stuff!
Today was the day that Olivia's studs could be removed. We tried this morning. It didn't go well. They make them so they don't easily come out - even when you're wanting them to come out. I felt horrible - she cried when I was trying to take them out - she didn't even cry when she had them pierced!! We gave up this morning. Barbara, Savannah's mom, said that Savannah's studs were also quite difficult to remove, but they got the job done. I'm sure we will too - I just hope it's not too hard on us. Olivia and I both tend to be the tender hearts.
I got to go to Yoga today - it's been a few weeks since I've been able to go. I missed it! Our regular instructor was gone on her honeymoon, so we had a substitute we have fondly nicknamed Killer. I like all of the stretching, but truth be told - I'd be okay with just the laying down/relaxation part that we do at the end!
I don't think we have any real big plans for the weekend. I need to finish the summer/winter, too big/too small clothing transition and get all of the totes stowed away again. And I suppose I should get the Halloween decorations packed back up - but I do hate to see them go.
I will close with the Elliott funny for the week. One morning this week she was not at her most cooperative - she had trouble listening in the morning, and it was continuing on into our journey to school and daycare. She wouldn't get out of her seat when it was time to drop Olivia off at school, and she still didn't want to get out when we got to daycare. When I prodded her further, she told me that she wanted to get out, but her ba-hind just wasn't listening. How's that for toddler logic - the spirit is willing, but the ba-hind just won't cooperate!! The girl continues to alternately bust our chops and crack us up. Bless her heart - she is a buttercup!!
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment