Monday, October 23, 2006

Another week has flown by in the blink of an eye. It doesn't help my perception of the passage of time that it's been so stinkin cold here. We're expecting to be about 20 degrees shy of normal temperatures here today with a possibility of snow flurries. If this continues, we may have some very popsicle like trick or treaters!

Friday I had the privilege to help host a retirement party for one of my dear friends from work. Mary retired from her Chief of Clinical Services position after 15 years with Waverly Health Center. She was truly a mentor and a friend - a good example of what I want to be when I grow up. I was exhausted by the time I got home Friday evening. I knew that the high heeled boots when I was going to be on my feet for 2 hours straight was not a good idea, but I think it was just the being magnanimous for 2 hours straight that really wore me out. Even when it's for someone that you care deeply for - it's still hard work for an introvert!!

Saturday we participated in the build day for the daycare playground. It was a big push building day with lots of volunteers - much like a habitat for humanity experience. It was RAINING and COLD!!! The girls had to go with us, but they didn't mind too much. It was different than the usual daycare day - they got to be together. Olivia liked the thought of being able to help with the smaller children and Elliott loved having her big sister with her. The girls and I called it a day after lunch. I was soaked to the bones, and really not of much help at that point anyway. Chris stayed until about 5:00. He came home covered in mud and pretty tired - what a good guy!!! He will be a hero to the hundreds of kids in the years to come that enjoy the playground.

Elliott is growing up on us. She can actually say O-liv-ee-a. She still doesn't say it very often - she's much more comfortable with Ahya - but she can do it!! She is the most honest child I've ever met. When I would call home from San Diego and talk to her - I would ask her if she were being a good girl for dadddy - she would bluntly reply - no. Last night, Sugar was on my lap and Elliott started to pout. I commented, is someone jealous of Sugey? I am - was her response.

We have another full week ahead of us - but at least I was able to get the grocery shopping done yesterday - so we're facing the week with full cupboards at least :) I so hate grocery shopping, but I so love having it done. I've just got to hook up with the grocery fairy...

No comments: