I only have about five minutes, but I just had to share some Elliott-isms to make you smile. Saturday morning we were downstairs and she decided to join me while I was using the potty. She said "I will sit right here with you. I want to hear some tinkles now. Let me hear those tinkles." Pause. "Congratulations - you did it!!!" It was hillarious on a couple of different levels - congratulations is a mighty big word for such a little girl, and just the idea of being coaxed to perform on the potty by a two year old is pretty darn funny.
She is definitely coming into her own at the dinner table. She has decided that she is going to be a part of the dinner time conversation - sometimes I think she would prefer to be the whole conversation. She loves to tell us about her boyfriend Esy (Ethan) and what they do during the day. Last night she really cracked me up with a story about when she was a kid. I thought maybe I wasn't quite catching her, but she repeated (as she does) the whole story again for me, "when I was a kid, I couldn't get into that big boat". Funny - you always think your kids will reach at least the ripe old age of three before they start telling stories about when they were a kid :)
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment