
Boy, I hope no one is referring back to my initial posting where I said that my goal was going to be to post every day. We can see that hasn't quite worked out... It's been another busy week here - and each day I've had great ideas about things to post to the blog - let's see if I can remember any of them now that I actually have time to sit down to the computer.
It's been a rough week for Elliott. She took a tumble on the sidewalk yesterday when playing with the big girls. She has a good scrape on the side of her face at eye level. She looks pretty rough, but wasn't too phased about the whole thing. It amazes me sometimes, the difference between our girls. Olivia would still be crying today if it had happened to her yesterday, Elliott not so much. She was torked off about it, but even that didn't last too long. She also has a few sores on her legs that we're a little bit concerned about. Hopefully they will start to clear up, they're just odd looking and worrisome. We drew circles around them tonight with a marker so we can see if the spots are getting bigger. I am a worrier, I know this, but you never want to not worry about something that you should have been worried about. Oh the joys of parenthood - you find out just how many things you don't know.
Olivia is quite excited - she gets to go on a field trip to Waterloo tomorrow for Cattle Congress. It's a big deal - they get to take cold lunch and ride the bus! She is finishing up her second week with a substitute teacher, and although she has enjoyed the sub, I think she's ready to have Mrs. Epley back.

Elliott has started referring to us as Chris and Jennie. I remember Olivia going through this phase also. I remember that it used to irritate other people - they seemed pretty insistent that she should call me mom, not Jennie. It doesn't bother me. I'd much rather that they know my name and realize that I have somewhat of a personality not directly tied to my mom role. And anyway, this too shall pass - just one phase among many.
We got news today that Chris's Uncle Neal and his grandma (Great Grandma Floris) are both scheduled to have surgery next week. Neal has had diverticulitis and his surgery is related to that. Great Grandma had a compression fracture in her back around the time of Olivia's birthday, and her surgery will help to alleviate some of the back pain she has been suffering from. We ask that you keep both of them in your thoughts and prayers.
Jackie and I leave tomorrow for our second annual Girls Weekend. We are headed to Albertville to partake in an extreme amount of shopping. I imagine we'll also spend some time imbibing adult beverages and soaking in the hotel hot tub. I feel rejuvenated just thinking about it!
1 comment:
So can I refer to you as "Mom and Dad" since I've already done the "Jennie and Chris" thing?
Can't wait to hear how shopping went. Please blog us all about it.
Carol
Post a Comment