Well, we made it. Chris made it through another RAGBRAI - his fourth, and we girls made it through a week without him. I think the week without him was the hardest on Sugar. There was only so much attention to go around, and she definitely got the short end of the stick. None of us girls were going to take her jogging in the 90 degree temperatures!
Olivia, Elliott and I joined Jackie and Jamie, along with our friend Heidi and her two kids - Hunter and Olivia in a trip to the Lost Island waterpark in Waterloo. It was our first tme and it was a lot of fun! Olivia and Olivia really got along well and the ratio of four adults to four kids was just about perfect. Elliott enjoyed it all, but still needed a nap in the afternoon. I thought she would be able to get through one day without, but the ten minute screaming meme showed me that I was wrong. The kid was practically begging for a nap! She gladly laid down and snoozed on her towel in the shade for an hour. Poor Olivia ended up with a pretty good sunburn, despite the sunscreen applications.
The bus pulled in a little bit before ten last night to drop Chris off. He said he was very glad to have a real shower and a real bed. They were reportedly very happy with how the bus worked out. He said that it will need some maintenance before next year, but that it was a good decision for the team. The girls were very happy to see him this morning. Elliott snuggled with me in bed for a while this morning before we got up. I told her that her Daddy was home, and she said - my nonny old daddy?? Yep, that's the one!! She was instantly ramped up and ready to see her daddy!
Olivia and I went school shopping today. I just love school shopping. She has most everything she needs - except for the elusive dry erase eraser. She opted for a messenger bag this year instead of the standard back pack. It looks huge on her!! She got new gym shoes, and two new pairs of school shoes. I was a bit startled when we measured her feet and found that she was a size thirteen!!! She is definitely ready for 2nd grade :)
When Jackie was over on Thursday night, she was trying to tell a story that contained a somewhat off-color reference - she started to spell it out loud, but then asked how well Olivia could spell. That kid can spell - so she thought maybe she would sign it to me. Only problem was that Olivia was saying the letters out loud as went - and she was doing a better job of it than I was!!! Can't get anything past that kid :)
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment