Last night was a long night for me, with the hospital Board meeting finishing up at nine. Grandma Diane and Papa Roger brought dinner for us, which was divine! And the girls had a marvelous time playing with them when I went back to work. It was reported that Olivia gave Papa a complete extreme makeover, including a skirt, barrettes and makeup. Oh how I wish they would have been able to find the camera!!
Chris called while I was gone to check in. He spoke with Olivia and Diane, and near as I can tell, all is going pretty well. He did report in our brief conversation on Sunday evening that he had a flat tire on his bike that day, and that they were having some issues with the starter on the bus. Hopefully all of their karma has been cleansed now and they'll have smooth biking for the rest of their journey.
We are looking forward to having Jackie and her dogs over for dinner tonight. And I MUST, simply MUST water the garden if it doesn't rain today. I definitely feel like my friend Len who was always in danger of killing every plant they owned while his wife Anna was away. The things that are not in my routine are simply that - not in my routine.
I am 3/4 of the way through Marley & Me and I LOVE IT!!! It's one of those books that's super easy to read. I've laughed, I've cried, I've had trouble putting it down. I love to read in general, but this book has definitely been a treasure. I have to thank my friend Carol for recommending it.
Well - here's to Tuesday :)
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment