Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Well, it happened... I finally broke out the sprinkler and made it rain last night. It took me quite a while to get it appropriately situated, and I still think that I was watering the fence more than anything. I think I was inside for a shorter period of time than it took me to set up the sprinkler before it started to rain. Good old Murphy - he rarely lets me down!

We had a really nice time with Jackie, Griffin and Speckles for dinner last night. We indulged on hamburger helper and corn on the cob. Hamburger helper you gasp with disgust... Well it's a forbidden food at our house - somehow my husband is a huge HH snob. The corn, although not Fincels - was delicious and cooked to perfection. And the double chocolate - chocolate chip cookies for desert were divine. I tried to convince the girls that they were dirt cookies, but no one was willing to give theirs up!

And the girls were very insistent that Jackie give them their bath. Who was I to argue? I even got a load of laundry folded while they frolicked. Poor Jackie was simply exhausted by the time she left, but believe it or not she's coming back for dinner and visiting on Thursday :) By then she'll be an old pro at bath time :)

I must say that it's a lot of work being a temporary single parent. I imagine if you did it all the time, you would have your routines established and delevop a tolerance - I'm just not there yet, nor do I want to get there. I have the kid stuff all well under control - it's the things like watering the garden, emptying the dehumidifier, remembering to take the trash to the curb on garbage day that seem to get me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Friends are PRICELESS!!

Love Ya Bunches!