Hello again! We're back online. It's been a long few weeks of internet problems at home. A lot of interesting vocabulary words and one new modem later and we're back!!
We've had an eventful few weeks. The most noteworthy has been Roger's trip to the hospital. He was admitted to the hospital on Monday after Easter for chest pains. They determined that he was not having a heart attack, but kept him overnight to be able to perform a nuclear stress test on Tuesday. Tuesday morning he began to have a heart attack and they put in a stent. He was exactly where he needed to be on that Tuesday morning. He spent a few days in the hospital, and doing remarkably well now. I think the hardest parts for him now are waiting for the bypass surgery and not knowing when it will be scheduled (4 months is their latest estimation), and having to tone down his exercise program to appease the cardiac rehab staff. It's just another reminder for all of us to take care of our health and be mindful of the symptoms and changes.

Elliott got her haircut last weekend. Breezie gave her a shoulder length bob to match her sister - just what she wanted!! She reported to me the other day in the car after I exclaimed that my coffee was delicious - that when she was a mommy, she wasn't going to drink coffee. And she wasn't going to drink wine. She was going to drink milk. That's good, I told her, milk is good for you. What about soda, I asked (as she's always wanting soda)? Yeah, I'll drink soda when I'm a mommy - if you say it's okay... :)
Olivia gets to have a sleep over with her friend Gillian tonight. They were supposed to go on a Girl Scouts sleep over, but they didn't have enough people register. So we decided to have our own little sleep over here. We'll see how much sleep we all get!!!
We've had an eventful few weeks. The most noteworthy has been Roger's trip to the hospital. He was admitted to the hospital on Monday after Easter for chest pains. They determined that he was not having a heart attack, but kept him overnight to be able to perform a nuclear stress test on Tuesday. Tuesday morning he began to have a heart attack and they put in a stent. He was exactly where he needed to be on that Tuesday morning. He spent a few days in the hospital, and doing remarkably well now. I think the hardest parts for him now are waiting for the bypass surgery and not knowing when it will be scheduled (4 months is their latest estimation), and having to tone down his exercise program to appease the cardiac rehab staff. It's just another reminder for all of us to take care of our health and be mindful of the symptoms and changes.
Elliott got her haircut last weekend. Breezie gave her a shoulder length bob to match her sister - just what she wanted!! She reported to me the other day in the car after I exclaimed that my coffee was delicious - that when she was a mommy, she wasn't going to drink coffee. And she wasn't going to drink wine. She was going to drink milk. That's good, I told her, milk is good for you. What about soda, I asked (as she's always wanting soda)? Yeah, I'll drink soda when I'm a mommy - if you say it's okay... :)
Olivia gets to have a sleep over with her friend Gillian tonight. They were supposed to go on a Girl Scouts sleep over, but they didn't have enough people register. So we decided to have our own little sleep over here. We'll see how much sleep we all get!!!
1 comment:
I love Elliot's haircut! I hope Olivia and her friend have fun having a sleep over! :) Dani
Post a Comment