Sunday, April 22, 2007




Happy Birthday to Diane and Donna - my two favorite twins!!!

It has been a good weekend. Friday night Olivia had her friend Gillian spend the night. They were a joy to have - they played well together, even letting Elliott join in for a while, and they went to sleep at a reasonable time. I wish all sleep overs were that easy on the old folks!!

Speaking of old folks - Chris and I have been having a case of the olds lately. I gues the oldies station has switched to playing 80's music as the "oldies". What gives with that? Take my breath away is not an oldy!! Vacation by the Go-Go's - not an oldy!!! Apparently - Chris and I - OLDIES!!!! Dang!!!!!

On Saturday we went to the Family Fun Fair in Waverly. The girls had a great time playing the games - they were both very good at the toilet paper toss!! A balloon artist made hats for them, and they got to have their faces painted. Olivia got a paw print. I asked her if it was a panther paw - but duh, mom - it's a wild cat paw!! I should have known. I don't remember my elementary school having any sort of mascot, but with a school that goes from K-12, it's a pretty big deal.

We also got Elliott's spring and summer clothes out. I love going through the buckets of Olivia hand-me downs. Call me nostalgic. "I remember when your sister wore that!!" "Oh, I just love that dress!!"


Today we went out for lunch at Pepper's - Elliott and I shared the tenderloin in honor of Perry!!! She thought it was really good "chicken". Then we hit the urgent care clinic in Cedar Falls. One of Elliott's best friends at daycare had strep at the end of last week, with a rash. I never knew that one of the symptoms of strep was a rash. BUT - guess what Elliott developed on Saturday? She does has strep and will be home tomorrow from school, but doesn't seem too much worse for the wear. Not much of an appetite and a little bit grumpy - but otherwise doing well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better Elliott! We miss you all! Dani

Anonymous said...

I loved the balloon hat...I am fascinated by balloon artists .. especially when they make animals out of the balloons.
Carol N.