Wednesday, January 17, 2007


Winter is finally here. I think the delay made us soft. The bitter cold is just not fair!! Okay - it's Iowa, and it's January - but we were accustomed to temps in the 40's. Doesn't that count for something? Okay - stop laughing at me. I have found my big mittens, and Elliott has even given in to wearing a hat. I guess we'll get by. The thing that scares me is I keep remembering that Elliott was born on one of the coldest days of the year - January 29th, and after we brought her home and all of the grandmas and papas left - it snowed, and snowed and snowed. I hope that pattern doesn't repeat this year.


Not much new to report at the Waller house. We've been having daily discussions with Elliott regarding who the bosses of our family are. Oddly enough, her name doesn't come up. I think that she's getting it - she performs pretty well when quizzed. Who are the bosses of the family? Mommy. And who else? Daddy. And who makes the rules? Mommy. And who else? Daddy. Do you tell Mommy and Daddy what to do? No. We may be wasting our time though because I'm sure that she will turn three at the end of the month and all of our challenging times will be behind us. Okay - quit laughing again!!!


Work has been continuing at a crazy busy pace. I love it - but it could slow down just a tad. At least I'm not working outside, or in a minimally heated house. Poor Chris.

I have made headway on my NY resolution. I finished my third book over the weekend. The Kite Runner, which was a very enjoyable read and Don't Kiss Them Goodbye (*thanks to the reader that corrected the title - good to know someone's out there to keep me honest!), which was written by Allison DuBois, the woman that the show Medium is based on. I've started a new Nora Roberts that Diane shared with me. Should be a good candy read :)

Stay warm!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allison DuBois' first book is Don't Kiss Them Good-bye (not goodnight) and her most recent book is We Are Their Heaven.