We had a great Christmas weekend with the Pothoff family in Dubuque. After thirteen people (five of them 7 and under) in a three bedroom house, our house seems particularly quiet!! It was great to visit and watch the cousins play together. How they interact changes each time we visit.
Breezie treated the big girls to a pedicure and a manicure. We went for our caramel lattes before, and just had the most enjoyable time. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the pedicure, but I LOVED it. It was so relaxing!
The kids had a great time with Grandma and Papa, and due to the unseasonable weather, they were able to spend time on the four wheeler and the little jeep at the farm.
Elliott regaled us with tales of when she was younger. Little Will decided that Cousin Lori was his new girlfriend, and that her husband was his new Papa. I'm not sure how Bill felt about suddenly being classified as a Papa, and giving up his best girl - but he was a good sport. Heck, it was New Year's Eve when they visited, so we were all pretty good sports :)
Morgan had Breezie cut her hair. She wanted the exact same haircut as Breezie had. How's that for high flattery? She looked just plain adorable with her shoulder length swingy hair!
O got a hand held math game from Grandma and Papa and she was in heaven, walking around beeping and bopping.
Matty is perhaps the cutest little boy ever. Blond curls and blue eyes and a smile that could warm the North Pole. He is such a happy boy, and willing to cuddle with all. Even Chris - and yes, Chris eats it up!!
Now it's back to work and school today. It was hard to get up and going, but I know that Olivia is really looking forward to showing off her short hair at school, and seeing her friends again. Elliott starts preschool today - I think that she is looking forward to being with her friend Ethan again, but also worried about how many kids are in the three year old room. It will be different for her, a lot more structured. I hope it goes well!!
And - I finished book number one towards my New Year's Resolution. I started number two - Kite Runner. I LOVE it!! My friend Carol recommended it. It's something that I never would have chosen based on the description - but it's wonderful!!!
Breezie treated the big girls to a pedicure and a manicure. We went for our caramel lattes before, and just had the most enjoyable time. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the pedicure, but I LOVED it. It was so relaxing!
The kids had a great time with Grandma and Papa, and due to the unseasonable weather, they were able to spend time on the four wheeler and the little jeep at the farm.
Elliott regaled us with tales of when she was younger. Little Will decided that Cousin Lori was his new girlfriend, and that her husband was his new Papa. I'm not sure how Bill felt about suddenly being classified as a Papa, and giving up his best girl - but he was a good sport. Heck, it was New Year's Eve when they visited, so we were all pretty good sports :)
Morgan had Breezie cut her hair. She wanted the exact same haircut as Breezie had. How's that for high flattery? She looked just plain adorable with her shoulder length swingy hair!
O got a hand held math game from Grandma and Papa and she was in heaven, walking around beeping and bopping.
Matty is perhaps the cutest little boy ever. Blond curls and blue eyes and a smile that could warm the North Pole. He is such a happy boy, and willing to cuddle with all. Even Chris - and yes, Chris eats it up!!
Now it's back to work and school today. It was hard to get up and going, but I know that Olivia is really looking forward to showing off her short hair at school, and seeing her friends again. Elliott starts preschool today - I think that she is looking forward to being with her friend Ethan again, but also worried about how many kids are in the three year old room. It will be different for her, a lot more structured. I hope it goes well!!
And - I finished book number one towards my New Year's Resolution. I started number two - Kite Runner. I LOVE it!! My friend Carol recommended it. It's something that I never would have chosen based on the description - but it's wonderful!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment