Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Friday!

My sister in-law has been doing a letter a day on her blog. I have enjoyed it - and it's inspired me to think of all the letters I would like to write.

Dear Mother Nature,
Seriously. No, really - seriously!!! Cut us a little bit of slack here. My kids just finished their extended school days to make up for snow days. Yesterday was their first day back to a normal schedule. Today they have a late start due to the rain. Sounds silly but after the horrendous winter we had, followed by the deluge of rain - the gravel roads are not faring well. And we have flash flood warnings. So, please Ms. Mother Nature - we could all go for a bit o' calm.


Dear Lady who Moved in with our Neighbor,
Please supervise your kids. They are two and four. That's not old enough to be running free and driving their motorized cars in the street. We live in a small town, but it's not that small. You're the parent - act like it.


Dear Fellow Motorists,
I think we need to create a universal hand signal for "hang up your phone and drive you freakin idiot!" I know we're all busy, but people being stupid and not paying attention while they're driving isn't helping anyone get things done faster.


Dear Bagger Boy at the Grocery Store,
Don't squish my bread. Don't throw my produce around. I carefully chose my goodies and don't want to have them bruised or smooshed before they get home.


Dear Worker Lady at the Nursing Home,
Thank you for your dedicatoin and your personality. You always have a smile on your face and a laugh waiting to happen. You always welcome us when we come to visit, and it's apparent that you really care for all of the residents. Last night you even brought your little niece and nephew in with you when you weren't working - you know how much the residents enjoy seeing kids. Thank you for the way you care!


Dear Stacey (My Web Developer),
Thanks for making my job so easy!! I love working with the website because you've created such great tools for me to manage the content with. When people compliment our website, www.waverlyhealthcenter.org - I always make sure to pass the credit to you. You're a genius!!!


Dear Preschool Program,
Thank you for being great! Having my daughter skipping down the hall, anxious to start her day makes a world of difference. She's learning all sorts of good stuff and having fun doing it.


Okay - I think that's all of the letters I've had rambling around in my head - at least for now. It's kind of funny how the running commentary in my head started shifting to... Dear something or other, .... Could be addictive!!!

1 comment:

MomOf4 said...

Letter writing is totally addictive! Love your letters! :)