Sunday, April 06, 2008

It's been a full weekend! We had company on Friday night. The Minkels joined us for cards and a few games of dice. I got seriously whupped - but we had a great time. We were up until midnight - seriously late for us old timers. It brought back a few memories.

Memories of my friend Carol. Jackie, Carol and I spent a lot of time in college (of course no more than we spent studying... :) playing cards. One of Carol's "rules" was not to pick up your hand before all of the cards were dealt - it was bad luck. I follow her logic to this day - and I still miss her and think of her often.

Memories of playing hearts in Jackie's apartment over the Humane Society. We talk a lot of smack when playing cards, and Will - bless his heart - when we announced that someone was shooting the moon - always believed us and sacrificed himself.

Memories of my parents having card club. It was always fun to partake in the special snacks and watch the adults. Now we are the adults. Still strange to me.


Saturday was a work day. We were blessed to have Roger and Randy - Chris's friend from work here to help us. Olivia was the lucky ducky - she was invited to her friend Morgan's house to play. I tried to slip into the truck when they stopped to pick her up, but it didn't work. I spent the day working on the porch steps and railing. I chipped paint, and then took the grinder to do some smoothing. I found out that you need to keep a firm grip on the grinder. I have quite the bruise on my knee to prove it. It only got away from me once! It was a full day. The siding is up and the porch steps and railing are primed.


Today we plan to visit Great-Grandma, and go to Menards and Target. We still need to pick out new exterior lights and a few odds and ends. I think I'll be glad to go back to work on Monday!

Check out the siding - my husband has done a great job!!!

1 comment:

MomOf4 said...

Wow! You guys have made some major progress! It looks great! :)