Thursday, April 27, 2006

Welcome to the Waller Family Blog!!

Welcome to the Waller family blog!! I'm new to the world of blogging, but I decided that it might be a good way to keep our family and friends in touch with what is happening with us.

Okay - maybe it's to ease my guilt from never getting around to doing the Christmas letter this year... I promised myself that it would be a New Year's letter, and then I promised myself that it would be a Valentine's Day letter, and then I promised myself that it would be a St. Patty's letter... And so it goes - good intentions!!

Just a brief update on who we all are and what we're up to:

Olivia is 6 1/2 and just about done with first grade. She's a stellar reader and does quite well in school. She's also very pleased to have a new friend next door. Savanna is in 2nd grade and they have been playing together quite a bit. O has been taking a beginning body movement class - like an intro to ballet - a Thursday evening class that Grandma Diane and Papa Roger signed her up for and take her to. She has enjoyed it, but it sure makes their Thursday nights a whirlwind!

Elliott is 2 and a quarter. She is a pistol at times. Definitely strong willed, but awfully cute most of the times! She is doing very well potty training. We're down to pull-ups at night and very rare accidents during the day. Knock on wood!!! It's good to be able to see the light at the end of the diaper tunnel!! One of her favorite sayings is "just a minute Mom" - wonder if I say that a lot?? She also loves puppies. Little puppies, big puppies, all puppies. She loves to play outside and for some reason enjoys palying in the back of Daddy's truck.

Chris just had a birthday. I won't say which number, but it seems he's on the downward slope to 40. I can say that because I'm still climbing to 35. He's busy training for RAGBRAI and working on the bus his team bought. In his training, he's been doing some running with Sugar - our energetic pointing lab. Very adventurous of him - he did mention that she gives him a good workout.

I'm still keeping quite busy at the hospital. I really enjoy my job (most days, and that's really all a person can ask for) and feel blessed to have it. It seems at time that it's non-stop busy at work and at home and all over. But, busy is good - I guess :)

Well, welcome and visit again - it's my goal to post a bit each day. We'll see how I do...

No comments: