Saturday, April 29, 2006

Rainy day... Perfect napping weather, which Elliott is, in fact, doing right now. I would love to join her, but I'm afraid I would have to devote the whole afternoon to it and then wouldn't accomplish anything before we start the party parade!!

The girls had donuts and cartoons this morning - what more could a kid ask for on a Saturday morning? I got to sleep in a bit and then hit the Janesville city-wide garage sales. It seems that every year we have cold and wet weather for the city-wide garage sales. Last year Jackie, Diane and I had a garage sale and we were huddling with the space heater in the garage, drinking hot cocoa. I'm much happier to check out other people's garage sales and then come home to my nice warm, dry house. Did find some good stuff. Lots of Scooby Doo books for Olivia. They are chapter books - she was so impressed that she decided to hand down some of her other Scooby Doo books to Elliott so she could share in the scooby fun. Also got a good haul of Berenstain Bears books. I think that we have almost the complete set now - good stuff. And some books for me - we should be set for a while - but you can never have too many books!! Wait, I take that back. I remember moving Corey Smith - I guess you can indeed have too many books, but we aren't close to that point yet :)

Chris is off working on the bus - he explained what they were doing today. It had a lot to do with some planks that were given to them, and cutting them down to size (maybe for the bunks?). I do know that he didn't think that they would be able to weld in the rain.

I'm going to finish the glamorous task of laundry and then Elliott and I will chauffeur Olivia to her parties. Have a great Saturday and enjoy the calming rain...

No comments: