The Waller house continues to be high and dry in Janesville (KNOCK ON WOOD)!! Things are moderately getting back to normal. We are still on water restriction - but man are we lucky to have water, AND electricity. And MAN are we fortunate in a multitude of ways.
Chris is back to work today. It sounds as though most of the main ways into Cedar Falls are open. They are up to 2 ways into east Waterloo now, so that's an improvement.
We spent the night watching the television coverage of what's going on in Cedar Rapids and thinking of Ben and Breezie, and Angie and Ken. I can't believe what's happening there.
I've been busy at work helping with the tetanus clinic that we are offering to the public. It's good to feel that I'm able to help in some way. Besides, our internet and email is down still, so I'm limited on the work-work I could do - even if it was possible to concentrate.
They are predicting the Cedar River will crest again on Saturday night. People are discouraged and tired, and I can't imagine knowing that it's not over.
We are planning to go to Dubuque this weekend. A pre-arranged trip to drop the girls off for their week of frolicking with Grandma and Papa. It sounds as though we should be good to travel, although I have not had time to pack and wasn't all that sure we would be able to go. I'm hoping that Mom will let us bring our laundry with - kind of makes me feel like I'm in college again!
Keep the people of Iowa in your thoughts and prayers. I can't just say the people of Waverly, or Janesville, or Cedar Rapids. It seems that the natural disasters abound here. I think they said on the news last night that 51 of the 99 counties in Iowa have been declared disaster areas.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are praying for you all. Please let us know if we can help in any way. Love you guys!!
Post a Comment