Tuesday, June 10, 2008

If you do not live in Iowa, I would not suggest moving here.
Or even visiting here at the present time.
It's a mess.
We're all okay. Olivia and Elliott are with Grandma Diane and Papa Roger in Cedar Falls. We took them last night because their babysitter was planning to go to Parkersburg to help with tornado clean-up today. Now there's really no way to get them back, and I am truly relieved that they are there. Today was a long day at work. The water came up almost to our parking lot at the hospital. I will post pictures when I am able. We lost internet and phone at work today.
Thankfully, we're high and dry in Janesville. The river should crest here tonight. We're just praying for no more rain - especially in Southern Minnesota.
I'm not sure where Chris is right now. The last I spoke to him, he was in Cedar Falls, and did not think that they would be able to get out of town. We're really hoping that the water doesn't go over the levee in Cedar Falls, but it sounds as though it's imminent.
Crazy stuff. I think I can speak for all of us when I say UNCLE - We've had enough!

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Stay safe, Jennie Mae! We're bracing for more water down here - the streets downtown are starting to flood and they've closed off all the downtown non-Interstate bridges over the Des Moines River. There's a row of port-a-potties now lined up outside my office building - I fear this is NOT a good sign. :\

MomOf4 said...

You all have had horrible weather. First the awful winter and now this. We are praying for you...