Saturday, February 02, 2008

Warning: The following post is the result of shower thinking. I said it aloud to my husband outside of the confines of the bathroom. And Yes - I do realize how melodramatic it sounds. Still...

I think that the wait for spring is much like living with a colicky infant. They assure you that colic does not usually last longer than 12 weeks. To a logical person (read - not sleep deprived, not dealing with a crying baby for hours upon hours) 12 weeks is a mere drop in the bucket. However, when you are the person caring for the colicky baby even the thought that it could continue for 12 weeks is unbearable. It seems like an ETERNITY. So, while 6 weeks more of winter is, logically, a drop in the bucket. It still seems as though it will never come.

Sigh...

At least winter doesn't keep me pacing the floors at night...

Funny how vivid the memory of pacing the floor is still 8 years later...

And this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I remember those days too. Yikes! :) Dani