Tuesday, July 24, 2007



We had a great visit with David and Great-Grandma Floris on Friday night. I'm always astounded by how natural Dave is with kids, and how they just love him. I can see why his niece and nephews are sad that he's leaving Fargo. Also - he let me beat him in cribbage :) What a good guy!!


Chris and Dave left bright and early on Saturday morning, and the girls and I have been enjoying GGWW ever since. I mowed on Saturday and we went to McDonalds for dinner (Olivia won coupons for hamburgers from her summer reading program - so she treated Elliott), and got groceries and watched a family movie.


On Sunday we went shopping for school supplies and girl clothes. We even made it to Crossroads mall and rode the carousel. You can see their new nightgowns. Olivia chose flamingos and Elliott chose sock monkeys. The sock monkeys made me think of my friends Jennifer and Carol - good monkey people!


Last night was the first night of bible school for them, and Board meeting for me. Jackie came and had dinner with us, went with us for bible school drop-off, and then hung out until it was time to pick them up. They were just thrilled to have her babysit!! I was most impressed with Elliott. I worried that she would hesitate at bible school drop-off. Waste of my time worrying. She sat right down next to her teacher and started chatting her up.


Chris reports that they are having fun as usual on RAGBRAI. He said that he had his usual first day flat on Sunday, and that they've seen Lance Armstrong a few times. So far, no Matthew McConaughey sightings. Sigh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I knew that you collected frogs, and I've seen a few flamingos around your place. Now you're collecting monkeys? Cool!
-Bill

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! If Chris sees Matthew McConaughey I am going to be SO jealous! Did you know that both Matthew and Lance call Austin home? :) Dani